- 1 Road Trips
- 1.1 Women's Hockey @ UConn and Women's Hockey @ Niagara
- 1.2 October 29, 2011: Football @ Union
- 1.3 December 2-3, 2011: Women's Hockey @ Clarkson and Saint Lawrence
- 1.4 December 10, 2011: Men's Hockey vs Union @ Lake Placid
- 1.5 February 24-25, 2012: Men's Hockey @ Colgate and Cornell
- 1.6 March 2-4, 2012: "You guys are f***ing great!"
- 1.7 March 9-10, 2012: Men's Hockey @ Union
- 2 Regular Season
- 3 Playoffs
- 4 Other
Women's Hockey @ UConn and Women's Hockey @ Niagara
The band was scheduled to take a day trip to UConn on September 30 2011 and an overnight trip to Niagara on October 14-15, 2011, but both were cancelled when the schools decided not to allow the band to attend. Despite efforts from the band and athletics department to uncancel the trips, they weren't able to happen.
October 29, 2011: Football @ Union
Football day trip to Union (L 28-38). It began to snow on the band near the end of the game.
December 2-3, 2011: Women's Hockey @ Clarkson and Saint Lawrence
December 10, 2011: Men's Hockey vs Union @ Lake Placid
February 24-25, 2012: Men's Hockey @ Colgate and Cornell
Overnight trip to Colgate and Cornell: W 4-2 and W 2-1 (OT). The team ended the regular season with two amazing upset wins over nationally ranked teams. A Super Band was formed once again for the game against Colgate. The win over Cornell was on their Senior Night, which led to the band getting cut off in the middle of Rock Around The Clock.
March 2-4, 2012: "You guys are f***ing great!"
Overnight trip to Clarkson: W 5-1, L 3-4 (3OT), W 4-1. The first game of the playoff series was blown wide open as RPI scored 4 goals in the first period and ultimately defeated our hated rivals 5-1. The second game was much more difficult and lasted over four and a half hours. At just over 113 minutes of hockey, the game was the longest in RPI men's hockey history, Clarkson's hockey history, and the 6th longest game in NCAA men's hockey. Unfortunately, Clarkson won on a fluky goal that rode goalie Bryce Merriam's leg into the net. Both teams came into the third and final game tired, but RPI prevailed, riding a 3 goal third period to our first playoff series win since 2009 and our first Game 3 win since 1999. The band spent the time between games at the St. Lawrence Center in Massena and lounging about the townhouses.
March 9-10, 2012: Men's Hockey @ Union
A pair of day trips to Union: L 2-3, L 2-4. After winning their first round match-up in the ECAC playoffs, the team turned to their other major rival for their Quarterfinal matchup. After the team's recent success on the road, the team decided to treat the weekend like a true road trip rather than commuting. The band, however, commuted like always. RPI scored first in Friday's game, but quickly gave up two goals in the first period. Union extended their lead to 3-1 in the second period, and despite an RPI shorthanded goal in the third, the Engineers were unable to catch up. Saturday's game didn't go much better, with Union getting out to a 2-0 lead in the first period. RPI was able to tie it up at 2 with a pair of goals in the second, but Union would once again pull away not to be caught, and the Engineers' season ended with a 4-2 loss.
- 4-5 (3-3 Liberty League)
- 10-21-3 (7-12-3 ECACHL)
- 9-21-4 (6-14-2 ECACHL)
The Football team played no post-season games this year.
- ECAC Tournament
The Women's Hockey team missed the playoffs for the first time since the 2007-2008 season this year.
- Any Way You Want It, F*** You, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Teenage Dream, Kung Fu Fighting, and Pokémon Theme are introduced by Zach.
- Played at Welcomefest in the Blitman parking lot on August 26.
- Held sixth annual 100% Natural Noise NRB Event on August 27.
- Played at Hockey Line on September 13.
- Performed in the Uncle Sam Day Parade on September 18.
- Played Children of Sanchez and Holiday with the Colgate Pep Band at Colgate.
- Played for Accepted Students Day in April.
- Performed at RPI's seventh annual Relay for Life and fielded a team for the event in April.
- The parents of the Men's Hockey team paid for a DP Dough Calzone dinner, which the managers turned into a Pep Band formal in April. The formal was held in the Union.